With working from home starting to become the new normal, learning how to set up a Zoom meeting is an essential skill.
It’s a fairly simple process, even if you’re not tech-savvy. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to set up a Zoom meeting fast.
The steps may be slightly different depending on the device you’re using. Let’s get started.
How to Set up a Zoom Meeting in Desktop App
1. Download the Zoom desktop app, and install it on your computer. Once you’re done with the installation, open it and sign in.
2. After you signed in, you’ll find a few different options. Select the “New Meeting” orange camera icon to start a new meeting.
3. Next, click the “Join With Computer Audio” icon to start your Zoom meeting. You’ll have the option to test your speaker and microphone to make sure everything works properly.
Once you completed the test, click the box that says “Automatically join audio by computer when joining a meeting”. That way you don’t have to do that over again next time when want to set up a Zoom meeting.
4. On the next screen, click the “Invite” button at the bottom of the meeting window.
When you do, a new window will open where you can invite people to your Zoom meeting via contact or email. Copy your meeting URL to your clipboard and send it to people so they can join your Zoom meeting from any device they’re using.
How to Set Up a Zoom Meeting on Your Phone
1.Open the Zoom app or download it if you haven’t already. It’s free to download from the AppStore and Google Play Store.
2. Sign in to Zoom, or create an account if it’s your first time using the Zoom app.
3. You’ll have the same set of options as the desktop app. Tap the “New Meeting” video camera icon with an orange background.
4. Then, tap “Start a Meeting” and you’ll then be taken to the video conference room. You’ll have the option to invite your contacts to join this meeting via your favorite messaging apps. Or, you can copy the invitation link and share it directly with your guests.
There you have it. Our quick step-by-step guide to set up a Zoom meeting. Zoom is one of the most versatile video conferencing apps out there. No matter what device you’re using, you can join or set up a Zoom meeting.
If you have any questions or concerns, please use the comment box below.