“Snapchat is my go-to app to stay in touch with friends and share photos and videos. But since last week, I am not getting any notifications. It has created a lot of issues for me. I am always getting late to reply and having trouble staying ahead of social events. Is this an isolated issue or does this happen to all the users? I don’t know how to fix this.”
Snapchat is a savvy social media app and many people love it because of its snappy features. And like all social media apps, there is a built-in notification feature. However, it may not work because of a number of different reasons.
In this article, we will go through the solutions for fixing Snapchat notifications not working on your Android device.
Fixing Snapchat Notifications Not Working on Android
Fixing the “Snapchat notification not working” issue is easy as long as you know what to look for. However, before you jump into the fixes, you need to check on the status of Snapchat’s server. If for some reason, the Snapchat server is down, you’ll be facing issues with the app and its performance.
So, before jumping on board for Snapchat notification fixes, quickly check out the server situation. The Snapchat Support Twitter account is the quickest way to find out if there are any issues with Snapchat.
If the server is down, then you don’t have to do anything. The Snapchat team is probably already working on fixing the server. Otherwise, follow the trail of solutions below.
- Log Out and Log In to Your Snapchat Account
- Check Snapchat Notification Settings
- Allow Snapchat to Send Notifications
- Do Not Disturb Mode
- Clear Snapchat Cache
- Update or Reinstall Snapchat
Check this out: How to know when someone blocked you on Snapchat
1. Log Out and Log In to Your Snapchat Account
Let’s begin with something simple such as, logging out of your Snapchat account and then logging back in after a few seconds. The steps below will show you how.
- Launch the Snapchat app on your Android mobile.
- Tap on the Profile Icon at the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Gear Shaped Icon at the top right corner of the screen to enter Snapchat Settings.
- Once you’re in the Settings section, scroll down to the button of the list to find the Log Out option. Tap on it to log out of Snapchat.
You will be logged out of Snapchat successfully. Now, reboot your Android mobile and then, launch Snapchat to log in. Check to see if the notifications are working properly.
2. Check Snapchat Notification Settings
If Snapchat notifications are still not working, you need to look into the app’s notification settings.
Sometimes, something obvious might be the reason behind your Snapchat notifications not working. For example, if you didn’t enable Snapchat notification, there’s no way you’d receive notifications from Snapchat.
Next, you’re going to check if the Snapchat notification is enabled. Here’s how.
- Launch the Snapchat app and tap on the Profile Icon at the top left.
- Next, tap on the Gear Icon to access Snapchat’s Settings.
- Under Settings, select the Notifications tab.
- Tap on the box next to Enable Notifications option to enable Snapchat notification.
After enabling Snapchat notifications from the app’s settings, you should be receiving notifications on your Android phone. If not, don’t worry, we’ve got more fixes for you to try.
3. Allow Snapchat to Send Notifications
If enabling Snapchat notifications from Settings didn’t fix the problem, maybe Snapchat is not allowed to show notifications on your phone. You’re going to check on that.
- Launch the Settings app on your Android mobile.
- Tap on Apps/Apps & Notifications (Thid option might be different depending on your Android phone).
- Select Snapchat from the apps list.
- Under App Info, tap on Notifications.
- Tap on the toggle next to the Show notifications option to allow Snapchat to show you notifications.
This will allow Snapchat to show notifications on your phone.
4. Do Not Disturb Mode
Do Not Disturb mode is one of the leading culprits behind the Snapchat notification not working issue.
When DND mode is enabled, it mutes all incoming calls/texts, alerts, and notifications. You’ve probably activated it without knowing, which prevents Snapchat from sending alerts.
The steps below will show you how to disable Do Not Disturb mode on your Android phone step by step.
- Open the Settings on your Android mobile.
- Tap on Sound or Sounds and Vibrations (Depending on the brand of Android smartphone).
- Scroll down to the bottom of the panel and tap on Do Not Disturb.
- At the top, you will find a switch next to the Do Not Disturb option. If the switch is on, then the mode is enabled and you need to turn it off.
If DND mode was not activated, then DND probably wasn’t the root of the notification problem. You can move on to the next solution.
5. Clear Snapchat Cache
As you probably already know, cache files are important to Android apps. These are temporary files that help your apps to load faster.
However, corrupted cache files can affect the performance of your apps. So, it is necessary to clear cache files of frequently used applications after a certain period of time.
The situation could be similar here. Maybe, one or more cache files have been corrupted which is causing Snapchat notifications to not work properly. So, just clear the cache files, Snapchat will create new ones after you start using the app again.
- Open the Settings app on your Android mobile.
- Tap on Apps and then tap on Manage Apps.
- You will come across a list of all the applications on your smartphone. Locate Snapchat and tap on it.
- Under Snapchat, tap on Storage.
- Tap on the Clear Data button at the bottom of the page.
- A popup menu will appear on the screen, tap ap on Clear Cache option to clear all Snapchat cache.
All the piled-up cache files will be removed from your Android mobile. If they were the cause of the problem, you should be getting Snapchat notifications again.
6. Update or Reinstall Snapchat
If the Snapchat notification not working problem is still persistent and none of the above fixes were able to fix it, you need to either update or reinstall the Snapchat app.
If you haven’t updated the app in a long time, it might be a good time to check for an available update. An outdated Snapchat might be the reason your notifications are not working properly. So, update the app to the latest available version.
- Launch the Google Play Store app on your Android mobile.
- Search for Snapchat. Navigate to the app description and tap on the Update button.
You’ll only see the Update option if you are using an outdated version of Snapchat. Otherwise, you won’t get this option and have to opt for a clean reinstallation of the app.
- Launch the Play Store app on your mobile.
- Search and locate Snapchat.
- Navigate to the app description and tap on the Uninstall button to remove Snapchat from your mobile.
After Snapchat is removed from your mobile, reboot the device.
- After reboot, launch Play Store again.
- Locate Snapchat and go to the app description.
- Tap on the Install button.
After performing a clean reinstallation, you will get Snapchat with the latest updates and you should be getting notifications.
Snapchat is one most popular social media apps. Many of us use it to connect with friends, share photos, and keep up with their favorite celebrities.
When Snapchat notifications are not working, people get a bit anxious for fear of missing out important updates.
Most of the time such troubles can be solved with a good old phone restarting, but sometimes that’s not enough.
So anytime your Snapchat notifications are not working, go through the tips above to troubleshoot this problem.