WhatsApp groups allow you to keep in touch with friends and family. It’s a great way to build a community with the people that you care about.
Anyone could add you to their WhatsApp group as long as you’re in their contact list. This has led to you being added to random WhatsApp groups without your consent.
Fortunately, WhatsApp has followed Signal’s lead by rolling out new privacy settings that allow you to stop someone from adding you to their WhatsApp groups.
Check this out: 15 best Signal tips and tricks you need to know
Prevent someone from adding you to WhatsApp groups
It’s simple to stop people from adding you to their WhatsApp groups. The instructions below will walk you through the steps.
Before we get started, make sure you’re running the latest WhatsApp version on your phone. You can do so by going to the App Store or Google Play. Without further ado, let’s jump right to it.
Whether you’re using an iPhone or Android phone the steps are pretty much the same.
- Open the WhatsApp app on your smartphone and tap the three dots at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings, it should be the last option on the list.
- Tap the Account tab, then select Privacy.
- In the Privacy menu, tap Groups.
- Once you’re in the Groups section, you can choose who can add you to groups. It can be everyone, your contacts or someone specific from your contacts.
It can be annoying to keep getting tons of notifications from conversations that you don’t care about. Preventing someone from adding you to WhatsApp groups will give you peace of mind.
Was this article helpful? Please share it with your friends so they can enjoy it too.