Welcome to Gotechtor! We’re thrilled you’re considering joining us. Since its humble beginning, Gotechtor was created to help people solve problems with their tech by publishing high-quality and easy-to-understand tutorials.
To help us produce more content, raise their quality, and grow faster, we are looking for great new writers and editors to join our team. If this sounds interesting to you, keep reading to find out what’s involved, and how to join our team.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for experienced writers with excellent writing skills, research ability, and a geek at heart.
The ideal candidate would be someone that can cover how-to tutorials, product reviews/comparisons, and explainers across various topics, including, but not limited to, things like iPhone, Android phones, Smart Home, Wearables, Gadgets, and other consumer tech-related topics.
These are some of the types of articles that we publish:
- How-to — Either helping people get started with new technology, or fixing any problems they may have with their gadgets.
- Opinion — Do you have a strong opinion on something in our industry and the research to back it up? These can make useful talking points.
- Best of Products/Services — Anything from gift guides to review roundups of popular products.
- In-depth Guides — Longer articles really digging into a subject. A reference piece that people will return to time and time again.
What We’re Not Looking For
- Story that’s been published elsewhere (including on your blog).
- Content marketing company working on behalf of clients.
- Link building opportunities.
We do offer sponsored post options for companies who would like to increase their visibility while sponsoring great content. You should note that this is not a way to post an advert, but rather a way for you to put your brand to some great content for our readers.
Examples might be a company with a productivity tool sponsoring a series of articles about productivity; a finance app sponsoring an article about budgeting and money management. Please contact us through our advertising page if you would like to discuss this.
What Are the Requirements?
- Be able to explain complex topics in a way that is clear and easy to understand, even to non-tech-savvy people.
- You must be a great writer with fluent English writing skills.
- WordPress experience is a must.
- You will give up all rights to all content you write for Gotechtor.
- Be able to generate article ideas, take suggestions, and make topics interesting and fun to read. You can write about the same topic in other places but the exact posts you write must not be published elsewhere.
- You must be committed and have a strong desire to produce quality content with actionable advice that solves our readers’ problems.
- You’re responsible to promote your articles and reply to any comments in a timely manner.
- You must be able to publish at least 2-4 articles per month.
Here are a couple of our previous articles to get an idea of what we’re looking for in terms of quality and content:
- How-To Article: An 8-Step Guide to Fix Photos not Uploading to iCloud
- Opinion Post: Top 3 Reasons Why Facebook Really Bought Giphy
- Explainer Article: Apple Card: A Millenial Debt Slave
- Listicle Article: Top 15 Budgeting Apps to Better Manage Your Money
- Expert roundup: What Is Torrent and How Does it Work?
What Are the Benefits of Being an Author at Gotechtor?
Creating great content is a two-way process. Here’s what we offer you:
- Byline with your photograph and biography, so readers can find out more about you and your work.
- Instant exposure for targeted traffic back to your site.
- Expand your personal network and improve your online authority.
- Of course, you’ll get paid. You can take payments as you deliver articles, or on monthly basis.
How to Apply
If you’re interested in becoming a Gotechtor contributor, please fill out the form below to get the ball rolling.