iPhones store numerous image types. Photos taken with the camera are saved in HEIC format, screenshots as PNGs, and most images downloaded from the internet are in JPG form.
These formats are compatible across most major platforms, but getting them into any type of work or educational documentation in PDF format may, at times, be necessary.
Most people who want to convert photos to PDF, immediately look for third-party apps, not realizing that this can be done with native iOS tools.
Not only is the functionality to do so built right into the operating system, but there is also more than one way to accomplish this goal.
Let’s take a look at three quick and simple methods that let you convert a photo to PDF on your iPhone.
Check this out: iPhone Stuck on Updating iCloud Settings, The Fix
Converting by Saving as PDF With Files App
This is a very basic way to not only convert images into PDF format but to do so to multiple ones at the same time, using only a Photos app available on every iPhone device.
1. To apply this method, you need to just enter the iPhone’s Photos app and click the Select option in the top right corner. This will allow you to click on the images that you want to put to convert, selecting either one or several of them.
2. Once all images have been selected, tap the share icon (a top open square with an upward-pointing arrow sticking out of it). A menu with a wide variety of sharing methods will present itself.
3. Once it does, scroll up until you see a Save to Files option on the list and select it. You will be presented with a list of choices where you will want to save this file, so choose On My iPhone.
4. Click on the folder with the plus on the top right corner to create a new folder for your saved file and name it or simply choose a destination folder you are comfortable with from the list.
5. With the folder selected, click the Save icon on the top right, and the selected images will save over to the chosen destination.
6. Now, enter your Files app and browse for the folder you just saved your files to. Select the files you need to convert, then select the ellipsis in a blue circle on the bottom right.
7. You will be presented with a menu that will allow you to take a few actions with those files including copy, compress, and the one you will now select: Create PDF.
The PDFs will be generated (though the process is not immediate but rather after 5 to 10 seconds. The files will be converted in the order of their file names.
Converting With Photos App
If you want an even quicker way to convert your images to PDF format, start in the Photos app again.
1. Select the image you want to convert just like with the first method (hitting the Select option if you are trying to convert multiples).
2. Once all the interesting items are chosen, click the Share icon (the box with the protruding upward arrow), and from the offered options, select Print.
3. Once you hit print, you will need to perform a “zoom-in” gesture on the image on the screen by pulling with your fingers in two directions.
4. The gesture will convert your image to a PDF format right on the spot.
5. You can then click the share icon on this screen and direct the PDF to either save to the Files app or to print it.
Check this out: How to clear cookies on your iPhone to protect your privacy
Converting With the Apple Books App
This method is not often talked about but is just as effective and similar in nature to the others, but possibly even simpler. With this method, you can leverage the features in the Apple Books app to convert images to PDFs.
1. Starting in the Photos app on your iPhone select the images to convert, then tap the previously mentioned share icon.
2. From the options to share options click the box with the ellipsis that reads More underneath it. Then, select Books from the suggestions list.
By selecting this option, the file(s) you chose automatically get converted into PDF format and open as such in the Books app on your device.
When you explore your book library collection, you will be able to find the newly formed PDF images underneath it.
You could access those PDF files on other devices if you’ve turned on iCloud syncing on your iPhone.
Final Thoughts on Converting Photo to PDF on iPhone
No matter which method you choose to use, converting images to PDFs on an iPhone is incredibly simple and does not require the use of third-party software.
Of course, if you would prefer to do so, there are most certainly a handful of great third-party apps like the Photo to PDF Converter and Scanner and Photos PDF: Scanner Converter. These apps will let you convert your photos into PDF files quickly and efficiently as well.
Some apps require that you pay for the full version, which you may not find worth it since there are multiple iPhone native methods to perform the very same action with comparable results.