Restoring your Apple Watch is a great way to go back to the watch you had if you accidentally set it up as a new device. It can also be helpful if you want to set up a new Apple Watch.
Remember, all your Apple Watch backups are included when you back up your iPhone, either to iCloud, or to your Mac or PC.
Without further ado, here’s how to restore an Apple Watch through the Apple Watch setup process.
How to Restore Apple Watch
When you restore your Apple Watch, essentially, the watch will return to almost the same setup as it was at the time of the last backup. Although you will have the option to go with a version of a slightly older backup as well, in case you preferred that.
When you unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, the watch is backed up completely to your iPhone to make sure that the latest data is saved.
Once you re-pair the two devices together or a new Apple Watch, you’ll have the option to set up the device as a new Apple Watch or to go to a backup copy.
You will need to choose Restore From Backup and select the backup that you want to use. You will be provided a listing that includes the name of the watch, as well as the time each available backup option occurred.
Once you select your preferred backup version, your Apple Watch will update to its state at the time of the chosen backup.
Steps to Restore Apple Watch
1. Open the Apple Watch app from your iPhone and tap on “All Watches” located at the upper left corner of the screen.
2. Next, you’ll see a list of all your watches. Select the one you’re currently using and tap on the “i” icon next to it.
3. Select the “Unpair Apple Watch” option.
4. Tap again the “Unpair [your name] Apple Watch” option at the bottom of the screen to confirm your action.
5. You’ll now be asked to enter your Apple ID password. Enter your credentials and tap on “Unpair” to initiate the process.
6. You’ll see the Apple Watch pairing screen. Tap on “Start Pairing” to pair the Apple Watch you just unpaired or your brand new Apple Watch.
7. Next, you’ll see a message that says “Apple Watch is Paired”, tap on the “Restore from Backup” button at the bottom of the screen.
8. Next, from the list select the backup that you want to use and tap on “Continue”.
Wait for your iPhone to restore your Apple Watch. It could take several minutes to transfer the old data onto your new watch.
There you have it! That is how to restore your Apple Watch from a backup. If you have any questions about this process, please leave us a comment below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.