More places now accept Apple Pay more than ever. Despite the widespread availability, some places still don’t accept Apple’s mobile payment service.
For example, Walmart does not accept Apple Pay. They prefer to use their own payment system, Walmart Pay.
For other places like Lowe’s and Home Depot, it’s more of a business decision and simply because they don’t have the wireless capability in their terminal.
Luckily, there’s an easy way to check if a place accepts Apple Pay. This article will walk you through the steps. Let’s get started.
Places that accept Apple Pay
You can use Apple Pay in a wide range of places like retail stores, gas stations, grocery stores, restaurants, vending machines, trains, etc.
Wherever you see the contactless payment and Apple Pay symbol, it means that the place accepts Apple Pay.
Apple has put together a list of some of the places that support Apple Pay. Please check it out.
You can also use your iPhone and Mac computer to find out if a place accepts Apple Pay. The instructions below will guide you through.
Check for Apple Pay on iPhone
- On your iPhone, open Apple Maps.
- Search for the place you want to check for Apple Pay support.
- Tap on the result you want, and an info card will show up on the screen.
- Scroll up and look for the “Useful to Know” section. If you see an Apple Pay logo it means the place accepts Apple Pay.
Check for Apple Pay on Mac
- Hop on your Mac, open the Maps app.
- Search for the place you’re interested in.
- Once you find and select the place, tap the little info button (the “i” in a circle) on the right side.
- A similar info card to the one on iOS will pop up on the screen.
- Again find the “Useful to Know” section.
- Scroll down if needed and look for the Apple Pay logo.
It’s important to note that this information is not always accurate. If you spot an error, you can tap the Report an Issue link, then you can edit and submit the details.
Do you use Apple Pay whenever you see the symbols or do you prefer to swipe your card? Let us know in the comments section below.
If you loved this article, please don’t forget to share it with your friends.