This guide will show you how to turn off voicemail on your iPhone. iPhone voicemail’s system is a great way to stay in touch with friends and family when you’re not available.
However, sometimes you may want to disable your voicemail especially when you’re abroad to avoid unwanted data roaming charges.
Regardless of your carrier, this quick guide will walk you through the steps to disable your voicemail.
Check this out: How to Fix iPhone Voicemail Full (Step-by-Step)
How to Turn Off Voicemail on iPhone
Follow the steps below to turn off voicemail on your iPhone.
1. Find Voicemail Number on iPhone
The first step to disable voicemail on your iPhone is to find your voicemail number.
- From your iPhone home screen, open the Phone app.
- Enter *#61# and tap Call to find out the number of your voice mailbox.
- Save this number, you’ll need it for the next steps.
2. Forward Calls to the Voice Mailbox Number
Next, you’re going to forward all your calls to the voice mailbox number.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down, select Phone and then Call Forwarding.
- Slide the toggle next to it to enable the option. It’s on when it’s green and white.
- Enter the number of your voice mailbox in the field.
- Leave the menu to save your settings because there’s no “Save” option. This will forward all calls to this number.
3. Disable the Voice Mail
Last step, you’re going to disable your voicemail service.
- Go back to the Phone app.
- Enter #404 and tap Call to disable your voicemail service.
- A pop-up will show up on the screen with all the voicemail features that have been disabled such as “Voice Call Forwarding”, “Data Call Forwarding”, and “Fax Call Forwarding”. Tap Dismiss to close the window.
From now on, you will need to call your voice mailbox to check for any messages that have been left for you.
Contact Your Phone Carrier
You can also disable your iPhone voicemail by contacting your phone service provider. Keep in mind this will delete your saved greetings, messages, and settings.
Only use this method if you want a permanent change. Below you’ll find the number of the four popular US phone carriers.
- T-Mobile: 1-877-453-1304
- Verizon: 1-800-922-0204
- AT&T: 1-800-331-0500
- Sprint: 888-211-4727
There you have it. Whether you’ve had issues with your voicemail or want to deactivate the voicemail function, this is how you turn off voicemail on your iPhone.
Let us know if you have any comments or concerns in the comment section below.