Are you tired of receiving a plethora of unwanted phone calls every day? Do you wonder how to block No Caller ID on your iPhone?
1. Silence Unknown Callers
The simplest and easiest way to block No callers ID calls on your iPhone is to use the Silence Unknown Callers built-in feature by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app
- Tap Phone.
- Tap Silence Unknown Callers.
- Move the Silence Unknown Callers slider to on/green.
This will silence all calls from numbers that are not in your address book and send them to voicemail automatically.
2. Block Calls with Do Not Disturb
Do Not Disturb is a feature that allows you to silence calls, alerts, and notifications that you get while your device is locked. That way you won’t be distracted by those annoying notifications.
Here’s how to set it up.
- Go to your phone “Settings“.
- Scroll Down and click Focus.
- At the very top of the list, tap “Do Not Disturb” to turn it on. The toggle should turn green once you’ve enabled it. (there’ll be a moon icon in the status bar)
- While you’re there, tap “People”.
- You’ll see a list of options, at the bottom select “Allow Call From“.
- Then, select Contacts Only from the popup menu. You should see a small check mark appear on the left side.
This would enable your iPhone to only ring when receiving calls from people on the address book and silence all unknown and no caller ID callers.
3. Block No Caller ID Using Contacts
Another simple way to block those No Caller ID calls is by creating a new contact. Yes, you’ll create a new contact on your iPhone and name it “No Caller ID“, “No Number” or “Do Not Answer“.
- Go to “Contacts“, tap the “+” sign at the top right corner.
- Enter 000-000-0000 for the phone number.
- Next, open the phone app, find the new contact you just created and select it.
- Scroll down and tap “Block this caller“.
A popup window will appear letting you know what happens when you block a contact. Tap Block Contact to confirm your decision.
You can do this a different way by following the steps below:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap “Phone“, scroll down and tap “Blocked Contacts“. You may see a list of blocked callers if you’ve already blocked people on your contact list before.
- Tap “Add New…“, it will take you to your Contacts list so you can pick the annoying caller.
4. Block No Caller ID Calls Using Cell Phone Carriers
While iOS gives you couple options to block unwanted calls, the best way to block No Caller ID is through your wireless service provider.
Most cell phone carriers offer some sort of call filter services. Here’re what the most popular networks in the U.S. offer.
AT&T Mobile Security and Call Protect offers two plans. A basic version, which is free but offers limited features.
The Plus version costs $3.99/month and offers more protection. Visit Block Robocalls and Unwanted Calls for more info.
T-Mobile mobile security service has three plans. “Scam ID” and “Scam block“, which are included in your cell phone plan.
They identify and filter out calls from scammers. T-Mobile also offers a premium plan: “Name ID”. It costs $4/month and helps identify, screen, reverse search, and block calls. Learn more at Blocking Scams and Unwanted Calls
Verizon’s Call Filter service offers two tiers pricing. With the free plan you get spam detection, blocking and reporting.
The Call Filter Plus, which costs $2.99/mo or $7.99/mo for a single line or accounts with 3 or more eligible lines, respectively. Visit Stop Unwanted Calls for more info.
Sprint offers two plans: a free basic plan and a premium plan which offers more features but will cost you $2.99/month. Find more info at Stop Unwanted Calls.
National Do Not Call Registry
You could also register your home or mobile phones with the National Do Not Call Registry. To register:
- Call 1.888.382.1222 (TTY: 1.866.290.4236)
- For additional information visit www.donotcall.gov
If this article was helpful, please and/or recommend it so your friends can enjoy it, too.
FAQs – Block No Caller ID Calls
A call marked as “No Caller ID” means that the caller has deliberately hide their phone number from the recipient. Scammers usually do this so their calls are hard to track or block.
If someone called you using a “No Caller ID,” it means that the caller has deliberately blocked their phone number from being displayed. Unfortunately, there is no way to find out who called with a “No Caller ID.
Yes, you can block No caller ID from ringing by using the “Silence Unknown Callers” feature on your iPhone. This feature blocks blocks all calls from numbers not stored in your contacts and send them to voicemail.
Wrap-Up: How to Block No Caller ID Calls on iPhone
Blocking “No Caller ID” calls on your iPhone is a simple and effective solution to protect your online privacy and avoid unwanted telemarketing calls.
We hope you found this guide useful in limiting calls from private and unknown numbers so you can enjoy peace of mind.
If you have any feedback or questions, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.
Get more from your contacts with the guides below: