Do you have trouble downloading Snapchat from the App Store? As frustrating as it is when Snapchat won’t download on your iPhone, consider the troubleshooting tips below to help you figure it out and get the issue fixed so you can start using Snapchat.
How to Fix Snapchat Won’t Download on iPhone
Here are the tips and tricks that will help you fix it when Snapchat won’t download on your iPhone:
- Restart your iPhone
- Check the Internet Connection
- Review iPhone Storage
- Check the Payment Method on Your Account
- Update iOS
- Reset All Settings
- Contact Apple Support
1. Restart Your iPhone
Restarting your iPhone is the first and simplest thing you should do whenever you have minor issues. The temporary problems will disappear, and the simple restart does miracles. To restart your iPhone follow the steps below:
For iPhones with Face ID
- Press and hold the Volume Up or Volume Down button and the Side/Power button simultaneously.
- Release both buttons when slide to power off appears on the screen.
- Swipe the power icon from left to right to shut down your iPhone.
- Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the side button to turn your iPhone back on.
- Release the side button when the Apple logo appears.
For iPhone without Face ID
- Press and hold the Power button until the slide to power off appears.
- Swipe the power icon from left to right across the screen to shut down your iPhone.
- Wait a few seconds, then press and hold the Power button again to turn your iPhone on again.
- You can release the power button when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
2. Check the Internet Connection
Sometimes, a poor and unstable internet connection won’t let you download or use apps. Check your device’s Internet connection if you want to know how to fix Snapchat won’t download on iPhone.
Open an internet-dependent app (like Instagram) and check if it works properly. You can also open App Store and download any other application you want to confirm that the network is working and the problem is Snapchat!
3. Review iPhone Storage
It’s pretty obvious if you don’t have enough storage on your iPhone you won’t be able to download apps. And it’s no different for Snapchat. Follow the steps below to check the storage on your iPhone.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to General.
- Tap iPhone Storage.
You’ll see how much storage you have left at the top of the screen. If you’re running out of storage, you’ll need to make space in order to download Snapchat. Follow the tips in this guide to free up space on your iPhone.
3. Check the Payment Method on Your Account
Apple App Store needs a verified and valid payment method to purchase and download apps. If you don’t have a valid payment method, sometimes you won’t be able to download even free apps like Snapchat.
You can start by creating a new account without any payment methods (None). You can check your payment method information on your account. Sometimes, outdated card information may cause this problem. To create a new Apple ID, click here.
4. Update iOS
To run apps and features smoothly without any problem, you need to make sure your iPhone’s firmware is up-to-date.
Many users forget about iOS updates or don’t have enough space on their iPhones to update iOS. Apple strongly recommends its users run the latest available iOS version.
Apple is known for long-time software and security support. Update your iPhone today. Sometimes, your iPhone’s firmware version is outdated and can lead to issues with App Store and app download.
To check and update iPhone iOS follow the steps below:
1. Go to Settings.
2. Open General.
3. Select Software Updates.
4. Update your device if any new updates are available.
5. Reset All Settings
You can reset all settings and hope to fix the Snapchat won’t download issue on your iPhone. Resetting all settings will delete all customized changes you made and activate all default settings on iPhone.
This process won’t delete any of your data. To reset settings on your iPhone, follow the steps below:
1. Open Settings.
2. Tap on General.
3. Choose Transfer or Reset iPhone.
3. Tap Reset.
5. Choose Reset All Settings.
6. Enter your passcode and let the process finish.
6. Contact Apple Support
As you can see, there are many reasons why your iPhone won’t let you download Snapchat. We hope the troubleshooting tips in this guide were useful in helping you download Snapchat from the App Store.
Let us know if this helped fix this problem. If you found success doing something else, leave me a comment down below!