The longer your battery life, the better your Android phone experience. However, power-hungry apps and the number of processes running on your device can take a toll on your battery.
Luckily there are many ways to boost your Android phone’s battery life.
Some people keep their phones always on battery save mode or close apps immediately after use. However, the easiest way is to install a battery saver app that will do the heavy lifting for you.
In this guide, we’ve compiled the best battery saver apps for Android to maximize the battery life of your phone and enhance its day-to-day performance.
What Is a Battery Saver App
Before we dive into our top pick Android battery saver apps, let’s find out what a battery saver app is and what it does when you install one on your phone.
A battery saver app is an app that helps optimize your Android device for a better experience, reduced power consumption, and longer battery life.
An excellent battery saver app will offer the following features:
- Battery health and usage monitoring
- Reduced screen brightness
- App usage management
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth control
- App hibernation
Battery savers help you manage all your battery preferences and settings in one place.
Why Do You Need a Battery Saver App?
Some of the reasons why you should get a battery saver app include the following:
- Longer battery life: This is the most important reason for getting a battery saver app. If your battery dies quickly, getting a battery saver app might just be the fix to make your battery life longer.
- Customizable settings: With a battery-saver app, you can choose what settings to prioritize when elongating your battery life.
- Better phone experience: Most battery saver apps come with inbuilt features that clear memory and reduce RAM usage, which can improve your phone performance. Battery-saver apps also come with features that help prevent your phone from overheating when using power-intensive apps.
- Find power-intensive apps: A battery saver app can help you find which apps are consuming a lot of power or running in the background. You can then control the usage or uninstall them.
The Best Battery Saver Apps for Android
There are many battery saver apps on the internet and Google Play Store. Below we’ve rounded up the 10 best battery saver apps for Android that would boost your phone’s battery life.
The AccuBattery app uses scientific methods to optimize battery life and health. It monitors battery wear and gives a charging alarm when the phone overcharges.
It also promises to expand your battery life by 200%. This app is free but also provides pro features if you subscribe to the paid plan.
Features of the AccuBattery app include:
- Battery health insights.
- Dark Mode theme to save battery.
- Track battery usage per app.
- Access device statistics like charge speed, charge time, and screen on and off time.
- Notifications about battery data and health.
2. Battery Guru: Battery Health
The Battery Guru app is one of the best battery saver apps on the internet today. It helps you track your battery use and extend its lifespan. It promises to keep your battery in the best condition possible.
This battery saver app only runs on Android 6.0 or higher.
Notable features of the Battery Guru app include:
- Overcharge and temperature alarms to alert you of overcharging and overheating.
- Estimated battery health calculation.
- App usage and lock screen tracking.
- It measures real battery capacity in mAh.
- Customizable status indicator (battery level, temperature, electric current)
- Track charging and discharging history.
- Notifications for real-time battery statistics.
3. Naptime – The Real Battery Sav
Naptime is a popular battery saver that focuses on lower your device’s consumption during sleep mode.
The Doze Android feature stops all processes on the device when it isn’t in use. Naptime provides “Aggressive Doze” features to quicken the time for Doze features to set in.
Some of the best features of Naptime include the following:
- Aggressive Doze features that capitalize on Android’s built-in power-saving features.
- Sensors App Whitelist to reduce sensors like the gyroscope and the accelerometer from working in the background.
- Disable Motion Detection to turn off motion detection.
- It disables Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Mobile Data, and location when Doze is turned on.
- Rootless Mode for devices that are not rooted.
Naptime works by default on rooted devices but can also be programmed into Rootless Mode. If your phone isn’t rooted, when you open the app, you will get instructions on how to set up the Naptime App.
4. Battery Health – Battery
The Battery Health app is an easy-to-use battery app that provides information for you to know more about your battery’s status.
It also provides information on its health, the charging current and voltage, the temperature, and the health of the battery.
The features of the Battery Health app include the following:
- Notifications and alerts when the battery is fully charged.
- Battery health information.
- Customizable settings.
- Battery usage data to show what applications use a lot of battery life.
- You can view the battery percentage in the app.
5. Green Battery – Cleaner, AppLock
The Green Battery app is a powerful battery-saver that also doubles as a phone cleaner to get rid of junk files. It also manages your apps and serves as an app lock.
The battery saver app provides battery information that helps to elongate the lifespan of the battery.
Notable features of the Green Battery app include the following:
- Charging history information.
- Alerts to unplug the charger when the battery is full.
- Battery usage data.
- Remaining charge time.
- Device use time.
6. Battery Saver: Bataria Energy
The Bataria Battery Saver is a totally free, ad-less battery saver app that elongates your battery app and keeps it strong and safe.
Some of the best features of this battery-saving app include the following:
- Turn on Auto Power Save Mode with one tap
- Customizable Power save settings
- Battery health Monitor with battery percentage, voltage, and temperature data
- App Manager to shut down apps and processes that drain your battery
7. Fancy Battery: Cleaner, Secure
The Fancy Battery is a device optimizer app that serves as an app manager, antivirus, app lock, and secure browser.
The battery-saving features of this app include the following:
- App Hibernation to reduce app processes running in the background.
- Estimation of how much battery is left on a device.
8. Avast Cleanup – Phone Cleaner
The Avast Cleaner is a general phone cleaner and device optimizer app. It also comes installed with a battery saver and app hibernator.
The App Hibernator suspends the processes of unused apps to prolong the battery life of your phone and increase its performance.
9. Dfndr Performance: Clean
Dfndr Performance is a popular Android performance optimization and cleaning app. It also comes with a built-in battery and power saver
This power saver comes with features that automatically close all background apps to cut down processes running that could wear out the battery.
10. Battery HD
The Battery HD app is used to monitor your phone’s battery life and usage.
A key feature of this app is its ability to show how much time you have left for activities like listening to music, making phone calls, playing games, and recording videos.
This helps you make informed decisions on how to spend the rest of your battery.
Some of its best features include:
- Time estimates for your battery
- Usage charts to show which apps are using the battery
- Cool widgets to show battery information
- Custom color themes for the battery
- Voice alerts to inform you of your battery levels
Final Thoughts on the Best Battery Saver Apps for Android
A battery saver app is the easiest way to outsource managing and extending your battery life.
Without a battery saver, you would have to be in battery save mode constantly, adjust the screen brightness, and put your phone on Airplane mode to manage your battery.
Battery savers take the work off you and automate the process. You can pick one out of the battery savers suggested and install it on your device
- Battery Guru: Battery Health
- Naptime – The Real Battery Sav
- Battery Health – Battery
- Green Battery – Phone Cleaner
- Battery Saver: Bataria Energy
- Fancy Battery: Cleaner, Secure
- Avast Cleanup – Phone Cleaner
- Dfndr Performance: Clean
- Battery HD
If you have any feedback or questions, then please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below.