There are many reasons why you’d want to reset your Fire TV Stick.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to reset an Amazon Fire TV Stick in two simple ways. Let’s get to it.
Method 1: Reset Fire TV Stick Through the Settings Menu
1. Navigate to the home screen of your Fire TV Stick.
2. Select the “Settings” option (it’s a gear icon) at the top.
3. Choose “My Fire TV.”
4. Select “Reset to Factory Defaults.”
5. Confirm your decision by selecting “Reset” when prompted.
The Fire Stick will restart and reset. It will be like new when you start it again.
Note: This method is ideal when you have access to the device’s Settings menu. Otherwise, use the second method.
Method 2: Use the Remote to Reset Fire TV Stick
If accessing the Settings menu is not feasible, like when your Fire Stick is frozen, you can use your Fire TV Stick’s remote for the reset process.
1. Press and hold down the Back and Right buttons simultaneously on your remote for 10 seconds.
2. On the Fire TV Stick’s screen, you can either cancel the Factory reset process or select OK to reset your Firestick right away.
If you don’t take any action, the Factory reset will automatically start once the 10-second countdown is over.
Allow your Firestick to complete the reset process, which typically takes a few minutes
Once your Fire TV Stick restarts, it will return to the state it was in when you first purchased it. You will need to follow the same steps you went through during setup.