Apple Music is one of the best music streaming services out there, but it might not be everything you want. If you’ve signed up for Apple Music and are fed up with it, knowing how to cancel your Apple Music subscription is a step in the right direction.
Perhaps, it’s too expensive or you want to switch to one of Apple Music alternatives. Whatever the reason, the steps in this guide will show you how to cancel Apple Music on iPhone, Mac, or Android.
How to Cancel Apple Music on iPhone or iPad
On an iPhone or iPad, navigate to Settings, tap your profile icon at the top of the screen, then tap Subscriptions.
Select Apple Music from the list of available subscriptions, tap Cancel Subscription or Cancel Free Trial and then confirm your choice.
Alternatively, you can cancel your Apple Music subscription right from the Apple Music app.
- Tap the Listen Now icon
- Then tap the profile icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- From the Account page, tap Manage Subscription to cancel or modify your subscription.
How to Cancel Apple Music on Mac
Depending on what macOS you have running on your Mac, the steps to cancel Apple Music might be different.
Fore Mac running macOS Catalina or later, follow the steps below to end your Apple Music membership.
1. Click the Apple logo at the top right corner of the screen, then click on System Preferences.
2. From the System Preferences options, click on Apple ID. On the sidebar, click Media & Purchases and then click the Manage button next to Subscriptions.
3. A page will show up with all your subscriptions, click on Edit next to your Apple Music subscription.
4. Then, click Cancel Subscription or Cancel Free Trial. Click on the Confirm button to confirm the cancellation, then click Done to close the window.
How to Cancel Apple Music on Android
To cancel Apple Music on Android, Open the app, tap the Listen Now icon, then tap the three-dot settings menu and select Account.
On the next screen, choose Manage Subscription and tap Cancel Subscription or Cancel Free Trial if you were on the free trial plan.
You can also cancel Apple Music directly through the Play Store. Open the hamburger menu in the app and select Subscriptions to see all your current and former subscriptions. Tap the Remove link next to the Apple Music entry to end your Apple Music subscription.
How to Cancel Apple Music on Computer
If you happen to use a Windows computer, here’s how to cancel Apple Music through the web.
1. Go to the Apple Music website in your favorite web browser and log into your account by clicking the Sign In button at the top right of the page.
2. Click the account icon in the upper-right corner and then, in the drop-down menu, select Settings.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the Account settings page and click Manage in the Subscriptions section.
4. In the Edit Your Subscription pop-up window, click Cancel Subscription, then confirm your decision to cancel your Apple Music subscription.