Wondering how to share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone? Don’t worry! We’re here to help.
As you may already know iOS doesn’t let you see your iPhone Wi-Fi password. If you don’t know the password, you’ll have to look at the back of your rooter when you want to share it with someone.
Luckily, Apple has made it easy to share Wi-Fi passwords between Apple devices by bringing them near each other. There’s no need to reveal your password or type a 20-character Wi-Fi password into your friend’s devices.
In this article, you’ll learn how to share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone with visiting friends and family.
You should note that this feature won’t work if your visitor has an Android Phone or an iPhone running iOS 10 or earlier. In case you’re curious, here’s how to share Wi-Fi password on Android.
How to share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone
There are a few conditions that you should follow before you can share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone:
- Both devices should be near each other.
- Ensure that Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are enabled on both devices
- Your guest need to be listed in your contacts list and vice versa.
- You iPhone’s Personal Hotspot need to be off.
- Both devices need to be signed into iCloud.
- This feature only works on Apple devices running iOS 11 or new and macOS High Sierra or later.
On the receiving phone, take the following steps:
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to the Wi-Fi network you want to share.
- Bring the receiving phone close to your phone and open Settings app.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Under Networks, select the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to.
After you completed the steps above, a share password dialogue box should appear on your iPhone.
Tap the Share Password button, and just like that, the receiving phone will receive the password and connect to your Wi-Fi network. Then tap Done to close the pop-up box.
As you can see, sharing Wi-Fi passwords between Apple devices is very easy. In just a couple taps you can easily share your Wi-Fi password from your iPhone with your visitors.
If you enjoyed this article, then please share it with your friends.