If you’re tired of repeatedly filling out forms in Safari on your iPhone, then you need to know how to use the Password AutoFill feature on Safari.
AutoFill on iOS, iPadOS, and macOS is a useful feature that lets users automatically enter personal information such as contact information, usernames, passwords, and credit card information for websites and supported apps.
iPhone AutoFill is the equivalent of Google Autofill for iPhone users. In this guide, you’ll learn how to use AutoFill on iPhone – from enabling the feature to update the information that you’ve saved.
Enable AutoFill on iPhone
We’d assume you’ve already added your contact information to your iPhone. You can use your contact as is or you can update the information if need be.
If you don’t already have one, go ahead and add a contact for yourself in your address book. It only takes a few minutes to set up.
- Find the “Contacts” app on your iPhone.
- Then, tap the “+” sign in the upper right corner of the screen. It will bring up a screen where you can fill out your personal information.
- Feel free to include all the info that you think is necessary.
- Once you enter all this data, tap “Done”.
Now you can enable AutoFill to use your contact info. Follow the steps below for step-by-step instructions.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Safari.
- Select Autofill.
- Turn the slider next to Use Contact Info to the ON position (it’s ON when it’s green).
- Tap My Info.
- Select your contact from the list.
Now your iPhone will use the information from AutoFill to fill out forms in Safari.
How to Use Password AutoFill on iPhone
To enable AutoFill passwords on your iPhone, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Passwords & Accounts.
- Select AutoFill Passwords.
- Then toggle AutoFill Passwords to On.
While you’re in Settings, let’s activate iCloud Keychain.
- Tap your Apple ID name at the top of the screen.
- Select iCloud.
- Tap Keychain.
- Then, turn on the iCloud Keychain toggle switch.
Now you can use your saved passwords with AutoFill in Safari and apps. You can also use a third-party password manager to keep the password and credit card information when you select a login for AutoFill.
Add AutoFill Credit Cards on iPhone
To add credit cards to Safari’s AutoFill on iPhone:
- Open the Settings app.
- Swipe down and tap on Safari.
- Tap on AutoFill and then Saved Credit Cards.
- Select Add Credit Card.
- Use the camera or type in to enter your credit card details.
When you’re checking out online in Safari or supported apps, your credit card information will appear above the keyboard.
You must authenticate yourself with your passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID before your iPhone can fill in the details.
To delete or update a saved debit or credit card, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings app.
- Select Safari.
- Under the General section tap AutoFill.
- Select Saved Credit Cards.
- Authenticate yourself, tap the Edit button at the top right corner.
- Select the credit card you want to delete. You could also swipe to the left on the card, then hit the Delete button.
In case you want to edit a saved credit card, tap on the name of the card, tap Edit, and then change the credit card information. Tap Done to save your changes.
You can read more about how to use AutoFill in Safari on Apple’s support guide.