Google Autofill is a cool feature that allows you automatically fill out information for online forms, such as passwords, and usernames that you previously saved in your Google account.
It’s a similar feature that basically works the same as iPhone AutoFill. If you’ve used a password manager before, you may already have an idea of how this feature works.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to enable Google Autofill on your Android phone step by step.
How to enable Google Autofill on Android
It’s fast and ready to enable Google Autofill on your Android phone. The instructions below will walk you through the steps.
- Open the Settings app n your Android phone.
- Scroll down and tap on System or General Management, depending on your Android version.
- Next, tap on Languages & input.
- Tap on Advanced at the bottom.
- From the dropdown options, select Autofill service
- Lastly, select Autofill with Google from the list.
Whenever you log in to any app or website for the first time, you’ll be asked to save your login details, like your passwords or payment info. Tap on Save to allow Google Autofill to save your data.
Next time you want to log in to that app or website, Google will fill out forms automatically with your saved info.
For the last step, you have the option to choose your own Autofill service, such as a third-party password manager.
This can help you limit the amount of data Google collects on you. Speaking of Google tracking, here’s how to stop Google from tracking you on the web.
How to Change Your Google Autofill Details on Android
If you want to change your Google Autofill details on your Android phone, the steps below will show you how.
- Go back to back to Autofill Services.
- Tap on the settings icon next to Google Autofill.
- From there, you’ll have the option to change your Google account, personal information, addresses, payment methods, passwords, etc. In order to change your passwords, you’ll need to authenticate yourself to your phone.
How to Delete Google Autofill Details on Android
Removing Google Autofill details on your Android phone is as easy as it is to edit or change your Autofill information.
The steps below will help you delete saved passwords and Autofill data on your Android phone.
- Head over to Autofill Services. Refer to the steps in “How to enable Google Autofil on Android.”
- Tap the gear icon next to Google Autofill.
- Tap on Passwords.
- Next, Tap on the site you want to remove a password from.
- Authenticate yourself in order to delete the password
As of now, Google password manager doesn’t let you delete all your passwords at once. Unfortunately, you’ll have to delete passwords for each of the sites individually. You can follow the same steps for Addresses and Payment Methods as well.
Wrap-Up: How to Enable Google Autofill on Android
Google Autofill takes the pain out of having to manually type your info when you fill out online forms. Whether for your passwords or payment info, Google Autofill makes it easy and fast to log in to your favorite sites.
For any questions or concerns, please use the comment section below.