Just like every other operating system, Android also has its fair share of problems that keeps popping up every now and then. One issue that has become a nightmare for Android users is the “android.process.acore has stopped” error.
It can be annoying and frustrating as this error keeps showing while you’re using your phone. This error seems to happen when you’re using your phone’s dialer app to call someone or scroll through the contact list. So the Contacts storage system app might be the culprit.
If you’re experiencing the “android.process.acore has stopped” issue on your Android device, then you’re in the right place.
In this guide, you’ll learn troubleshooting tips on how to fix the “android.process.acore has stopped” error. Without any further ado, let’s get started.
Why the Process android.process.acore Has Stopped?
One of the possible reasons for the “android.process.acore has stopped” error is when there are some issues with your contact’s cache data.
Cached data may get corrupted or run into trouble if you have recently moved your data from an old device to a new one, updated your phone, or due to some problem while syncing.
You may also come across this issue if your phone doesn’t have enough storage space, or it is infected with malware.
Since there is no exact reason behind this problem, we’ve listed down several methods that can help you fix the “android.process.acore has stopped” error. Let us go through each solution, one by one.
Fix android.process.acore has stopped
Here’re all the tips that will help you fix the “android.process.acore has stopped” error message.
1. Restart Your Android Phone
Well, it may sound simple, but a simple reboot or restart can fix multiple issues on your Android phone, or any device for that matter. Sometimes, multiple app processes running in the background can give rise to such problems.
Restarting your phone can help you fix temporary glitches or errors. So, the first thing that you should do is restart your phone and see if this fixes the issue or not.
2. Clear Cache and Data for Contact and Dialer App
Clearing cache on your Android phone can help you fix many problems like android.process.acore has stopped, download pending in Play Store, etc.
However, any issue in the cache files or data can hamper your app usage experience. Follow these steps to clear the cache and data for the Contact Storage system app and dialer app.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and tap on Apps & notifications.
- Tap on See all X apps.
- Then, tap on the 3-dot menu icon and select Show system.
- Search for the Contacts Storage app on the app list. Tap on it.
- Now, tap on Storage & cache option.
- One by one, tap on the Clear cache and Clear storage buttons.
You can follow the same steps to clear cache and data for the Phone or dialer app on your Android device and check if this helps.
3. Remove Google Account and Add It Again
For many users, removing and adding again their Google account on their smartphone has fixed the “android.process.acore has stopped” error message.
This method will fix any conflicting issues related to contacts and your Google account. Follow the steps below to remove and read your Google account.
How to Remove Google Account
- Head over to the Settings menu on your Android phone.
- Scroll down and select Accounts.
- Select the Google account you wish to remove.
- Tap on the Remove account button. You need to, once again, press the Remove account option to confirm your action.
How to Add Google Account
- Head over to Settings.
- Select Accounts.
- Tap on the Add account option with a ‘+‘ or Plus sign and select Google.
- Enter your account details.
- Voila! This will re-add your Google account.
4. Update Messaging Apps
If you use Facebook on your phone, make sure you have the latest app version installed. Older messaging apps can run into contacts syncing issues and thus, resulting in the “android.process.acore has stopped” error.
- Open the Play Store app.
- Tap your Google profile icon (upper-right).
- Tap Manage apps & device.
- On the Overview tab, you’ll see all the available updates for your apps.
- Tap individual installed apps to update or tap Update All to download all available updates.
If this doesn’t fix the problem, continue with the other methods below.
5. Disable Sync for Messaging Apps
Sometimes sync issues with messaging apps might be the reason your phone is showing the “android.process.acore has stopped” error.
If you use messaging apps like Whatsapp or Messenger, try to stop the sync process for Facebook and other related apps. The steps below will show you how.
- Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
- Navigate to the Accounts section.
- Tap on Messenger.
- Then tap on Account sync, and turn it off.
- Repeat these steps for other messaging apps.
6. Reinstall Messenger Apps
If turning off account sync didn’t help, uninstall and reinstall the app again on your device.
To do so, just head over to the Google Play Store and search for the Messenger app. Open the app description page and tap on the Uninstall button. Alternatively, you can long-press on the app icon and select the Uninstall option from the popup menu.
Once the app is uninstalled, go to Google Play Store and install the app again and use your mobile and check if the error still pops up.
7. Factory Reset Your Android Phone
If none of the above solutions works for you, then as a last resort, you can opt for the factory reset option. Do note that performing this method will delete everything on your phone.
To factory reset your phone, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings menu on your phone.
- Select System > Reset options.
- Choose Erase all data (factory reset).
- Then, tap the Erase all data button.
After the factory reset is complete, set up your phone and examine if this fixes the “android.process.acore has stopped” issue or not.
These were our troubleshooting tips to fix process android.process.acore has stopped working issues on your Android phone. Hopefully, they could help you get rid of this annoying pop-up issue on your phone.
If you found another method that has fixed this issue for you, do let us know in the comments section below.